Like I said, I really like this book. I feel that it's more of a story so it's more enjoyable for me to read. I have written so many notes in the margins about characters and settings. My first main question is is the dad abusive? And if so, how can that be if he's so religious? How famous is he? These children are very privileged and their family is very rich. It's interesting to see a rich side of Africa, because most people (myself included) wouldn't typically think of Africa being a rich country. I like how more and more of the family is introduced. And if their vacation house is 4 stories tall, how big is their actual house??? One question I thought of is if I would like to be those kids. They have a lavish lifestyle, which I would definitely want, but would I want to be one of them because of the father they have?
I forgot to mention this in my last post, but I feel like the father is like Okonkwo. His attitude and temperament is all over the place, and they are both violent. The father in PH puts so much pressure on his children. I would hate that so much. And why the heck would you disown your own father because he doesn't share the same religion as you? It's just like Okonkwo disowning his dad! But I guess this shows how important religion is to their culture. You know how when parents shelter their kids too much and then they get freedom and go crazy? I think that will happen in this book. Maybe when they go on the trip with their aunt, they will drink and smoke and party hard!!! Just kidding but I think that definitely something will happen.
Also, I believe this book will have a crazy plot twist just like TFA does. Maybe the government will kill a bunch of people or something crazy.
Since you read so many blog posts, do you ever make it to the end of all of them?
If so, here's an African joke to congratulate you for making it to the end!
Have you heard any good South African jokes? They're malarious!
Haha! I think it's supposed to be West African jokes (South Africa doesn't really have much malaria), but funny nonetheless. Thanks for the reward. : )
ReplyDelete