Thursday, September 18, 2014
Harkness Reflection
Overall, I felt that the Harkness went really well. I definitely enjoyed it better than a test and liked that we had this opportunity, because some people aren't the strongest test takers. Also, it was interesting to have a discussion run solely by the class. The hardest part was jumping in to say something, so maybe next time we can come up with a way to respectfully share our ideas but making sure that everyone has an equal opportunity to talk. We could raise our hands or use another method to let others know that we have something to say. I think our conversation also stayed interesting, as we talked about truth versus fiction, death, and Tim O'Brien. By having this discussion, we were able to talk about what we found important and certain stories that stuck with us, rather than having to answer questions about things that we could have forgotten. We could also comment on other people's thoughts in real time. I would have found it interesting to sit in on another class discussion to see where their conversation went, because I feel like conversations could differ so much depending on the group or students. I wasn't sure how this would play out at first, but I'm happy with how it did. I think everyone spoke up equally and I believe that everything that was shared was important and intelligent. I also think that Dr. Spiegel should hang up the drawings on the wall to make some cool art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment